For some examinations a preparation is necessary to get a good result. You can see below whether this also applies to your examination.
Please note: If you do not follow the preparation instructions properly, the examination may not be able to take place. A new appointment will be made.
For a CT scan of the kidneys, lungs, blood vessels and abdomen, you must not eat or drink for three hours before the examination.
Use of contrast medium
In CT scan of the abdomen:
- Day before the examination 2 full cups
- Day of examination still 2 full cups.
- Do not eat anything three hours before the examination
What do you take with you?
- Put on comfortable clothes.
- Please bring your proof of insurance and your identification (passport or identity card).
- Please take the application letter from your GP with you.